When you work with a skilled home inspector in New Jersey, you can find out if you have radon in your home and decide what to do about it. Here are 5 reasons why you should have your home tested for radon.
1. Lung cancer. That’s right, breathing in radon increases your risk of getting lung cancer—it is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States! If you like to breathe, you don’t want radon.
2. You smoke cigarettes. Cigarette smoke is the leading cause of lung cancer in the US… and radon makes it worse! Studies have shown that smokers in particular are at increased risk when they also breathe in radon.
3. You’re selling your home. See those lung cancer statistics above? These could be affecting your potential home buyers! Give your interested buyers some peace of mind and have your home tested before you sell it.
4. You’re buying a home. So maybe your seller didn’t bother testing for radon… do you want those risks? If you’re buying a home in New Jersey, you are committing yourself to a lifetime of responsibility—one that radon will interfere with!
5. You find yourself getting colds, coughs, bronchitis, or pneumonia. Even when radon does not cause lung cancer, it can still wreak havoc on your lungs! This is especially detrimental for the elderly, young children and infants, and those with compromised immune systems. Fight back by testing today!
At Eagle Home Inspections in New Jersey, we can check for radon and all sorts of other contaminants. As licensed radon measurement technicians, we typically perform Canister Radon Tests, but also use the more precise Continuous Monitor Testing as well. In less than a week, we can measure the radon in your home and advise on the next steps to ensure safety and health!